Building on last month’s successful meeting re-examining the existing publishing model, we’ve lined up renegade publisher and artist Robert Chaplin of independent publisher Library Editions to give us his take on end-running the Old Boy’s Network.
On Monday May 18th at the Shebeen Club, Royal Canadian Academician Robert Chaplin will discuss publication and treasure, vis a vis the extinction of codex in the electronic age, and the importance of perfect rhyme and meter with respect to the mainstream absorption of hip hop.
Robert Chaplin was born under a lucky star and has fed pancakes to WhiskeyJacks. He will be launching his fourth Library Edition trade hardcover Brussels Sprouts & Unicorns on Thursday May 21st at Walrus, 18th & Cambie.
- Who: Robert Chaplin and the Shebeen Club
- What: our monthly meeting
- When: 6-9pm Monday, May 18th
- Where: The Shebeen, behind the Irish Heather, 210 Carrall Street in Vancouver [map here]
- Deets: $15 includes dinner and a drink, so what are you waiting for?